Why use Extruded Coconut Shell Charcoal?
Lump charcoal comes in as many flavors as there are species of trees. Some have a very strong flavor profile and some very subtle. The problem is most lump charcoal is not species specific, you never really know what it’s going to taste like.
If your charcoal has a very light smoke flavor, you will be able to taste your apple smoke, it has a very strong flavor profile like let’s say Mesquite you may never taste your apple smoke.
Not knowing what flavor profile the charcoal you’re using also becomes an issue when you prepare a meal today and want the meal taste the same next week for your guests.. Is the charcoal in your bag you are using one species or many species, will the next bag taste like this one? Hard to know when it’s mystery south American lump or sadly mystery south American rainforest.
What will it do for you?
* Environmentally Sound/Green By-Product of the Copra Industry
* Virtually Smokeless because it does not contain the organic volatiles that wood charcoal has.
* Virtually No Ash (2.3-4% by weight) due to purity which prevents the clogging and reduced airflow that wood charcoal and briquets can cause
* Flavor Neutral Fuel Source – any organic material from dried Chilis to peppercorns to rosemary can now create a vapor for your food.. Use apple smoking wood and only taste apple.. Control your flavor profile so you can pair your smoking flavor to your cook like you pair your wine to your meal.
* Bake breads or cheesecake without any smokey / charcoal flavor
* Extended Burn time due to density
* Burns up to 978°F
22 sticks per 20lb box – Each stick is 9 x 2 x 2
Grab a box and take your cooking to the next level!